Work for Wahoo
Wahoo Fitness is looking for some smart people to join our team. Think you're a good fit? Send your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you're excited about Wahoo and what you're passionate about to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wahoo Fitness is an early-stage company focused on connecting smartphones to fitness activities. Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals. We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had four years of incredible growth. Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website. We were a Venture Atlanta finalist in 2011 and recently won an innovation award from the Consumer Electronics Show. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Winnie, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo Fitness, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do. If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you. Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
iOS Software Engineer
The iOS Software Engineer will develop iOS apps as well as our API.
- Work in a small, dynamic team to develop and maintain our iOS software, including the
- Wahoo Fitness workout app, Wahoo iOS API and Wahoo Utility App.
- Implement support for new Wahoo sensors as they become available.
- Liaise with other members of the team through virtual and physical meetings.
- Liaise with customers via email/online forums to gather technical info and trace issues.
- Share development/team organization work in an agile-scrum environment.
- Proven commercial software development experience
- B.S. in Engineering/Computer Science preferred, but not essentia
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on great UX
- Experience with Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy) or ANT+ APIs highly regarded
- Command of modern software design patterns will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of scrum and/or agile highly regarded but not essential
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership (a self-starter)
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport fitness and/or technology
Business Systems Manager
The Business Systems Manager will work at Wahoo Fitness’ Atlanta headquarters with the operations, sales and finance teams to ensure Wahoo Fitness’ business information systems are optimized and enable fast and efficient work.
- Configure, enhance and maintain Wahoo’s existing python-based ERP system (Odoo).
- Customize ERP reports based on Wahoo’s business processes and user needs to build effective reports and analytics.
- Proactively pursue improvements for users in the use and configuration of the system.
- Provide user support to employees.
- Demonstrated ability and strong programming experience with python, postgres, HTML5, MySQL and Pentaho
- Demonstrated experience with business information systems, inventory management, warehouse integration and EDI a plus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new enterprise-level systems, a high-level understanding of system data and process models, and a track record of providing excellent customer service
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to prioritize tasks
- Discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- Foreign language a plus