Wahoo Fitness is changing the way the world works out - and having a blast doing it! We are looking for smart, passionate people to join the Wahooligan team. Think you're a good fit? Send your resume and a cover letter letting us know why you're excited about Wahoo and what you're passionate about to [email protected].
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Associate Manager, Channel Marketing
- Product Marketing Manager for Cycling
- UK Sales Manager
Sales & Marketing
- Customer Service Coordinator
Wahoo Fitness helps athletes get better by making easy-to-use connected devices. Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals. We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had five years of incredible growth. Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website. We have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdy, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo Fitness, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do. If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you. Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
Embedded Software Engineer
- Develop the firmware for cutting-edge fitness hardware designs and bring them to market
- Support product requirements, definition, design, optimization, validation and release processes
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of electrical and mechanical engineers, marketing, sales, and app developers
- Optimize power consumption
- Self-manage and track development activities
- Draft diagnostic requirements for design verification and mass production testing
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive embedded C experience
- BSCE or equivalent experience in software/computer science
- Proficiency with electronics measuring equipment such as Digital Multimeters and Oscilloscopes a plus
- Knowledge of basic electronics theory/concepts
- Extensive Object Oriented experience eg. one or more of the following languages: Java, C#, Objective C, C++, Python, PHP
- Familiar with the basics of iOS and/or Android development a plus
- Experience with Git for source control
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sports and fitness technology
Associate Manager, Channel Marketing
- Channel Marketing:
- Manage marketing initiatives to sales channels which may include:
- Develop monthly Wahoo Fitness newsletter with new product updates, featured dealer, sponsored athlete updates, product reviews, promotions and events
- Set-up and distribute retail point-of-purchase materials and ensure adoption by the channel
- Manage retail store associate training portal by developing and updating training content, launching incentive programs and tracking utilization of the portal
- Manage development and updates of marketing materials including product images, collateral, posters, banners, etc.
- Support field sales teams with requests for materials, promotional items, event sponsorships
- Manage master marketing calendar that includes events, tradeshows, promotions, advertising, social media
- Develop and update marketing assets for channel needs – product launches, promotions, customer requests
- Manage overall trade show calendar for the company
- Coordinate all components of trade shows - design, planning, and execution, including timelines, logistics, booth design
- Manage and maintain inventory of all trade show and event properties, including refurbishing and new purchases
- Ensure that the Wahoo brand is properly represented and communicated at events (messaging, look and feel)
- Handle and optimize booth duty schedules and manage group housing requirements when needed for larger events
- Define giveaways and other event related items and work with marketing for execution
- College degree or relevant experience
- Minimum 2-3 years marketing communications experience with focus on client, channel or customer marketing
- Minimum 2-3 years trade show/event planning experience and project management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative skills with an ability to organize, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to translate technical products into easy to understand consumer benefits and marketing claims
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong adoption and understanding of office technology including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word; Google Docs, Sheets and Forms; MailChimp and others
- Exceptional project management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Flexibility with schedule, travel, and ability to meet unusual or weekend hours
- Ability to work with a variety of people as a team player
- Ability to take initiative and accountability
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
Product Marketing Manager for Cycling
This position will lead the current product marketing and long term road map for Wahoo’s cycling products (Trainers and Bike computers). This position is based in Wahoo’s Atlanta office.
- Create and execute go-to- market plans, including branding, marketing, distribution, retail, PR plan, and communications strategy.
- Deliver product positioning, messaging and external communications that defines value propositions, differentiates products and influences key product decisions while maintaining brand consistency
- Understand the market by continually assessing the needs of the customer, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop collateral for sales presentations, packaging, product sheets, instruction guides, point of sales materials/displays, and event materials
- Develop all digital materials (web, advertising, video) with designer/agency
- Develop/curate web content for product (blogs, expert articles, etc.)
- Track product performance, revenue, and key marketing/media metrics
- Analyze market and competition, including pricing, short and long term threats, opportunities, trends and new entrants
- Conduct market research (for concepts and messaging) using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Determine appropriate b2b and b2c distributional channels to maximize gross margins, and drive sales
- College degree (BA/BS in marketing or related field preferred)
- 2-4 years of Product Marketing experience
- Experience developing and leading integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- Successful track record of marketing and growing a business across a variety of channels including ecommerce and specialty retail
- Ability to analyze business conditions and create actionable recommendations to enhance product sales performance
- Experience creating and implementing impactful new product launches
- Experience working with advertising/marketing agencies
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience developing offline marketing and sales collateral, point of sale materials
- Experience in developing digital/web/mobile marketing assets
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Interpersonal savvy, collaborator, effective in communication internally and externally.
- Tactical agility and attention to details, pragmatic
- Self Motivated, Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
- Knowledgeable of the Cycling categories
UK Sales Manager
This position will be Wahoo’s key account sales manager in the UK, with a focus on premium independent bike dealers and a select number of multi-store accounts, and ecommerce players. The ideal candidate will be able to apply strong account/relationship management skills, proper sales plan execution and direct management of a small team of junior technology reps to grow Wahoo into a well-respected, premium cycling technology brand. As a premium brand, Wahoo’s account ethos is “Quality over Quantity”. Harvesting growth from our existing network of twenty accounts will take precedence over opening large quantities of new accounts. The UK Sales Manager will report directly to Wahoo’s EMEA GM located in London.
- Plan, manage and execute Wahoo’s UK sales initiatives, inclusive of existing account management, and selective new account expansion. This is a multi-faceted hands-on sales role, requiring both regular in-person sales meetings, and internal strategic planning sessions with store managers/buyers.
- Build strong relationships with all key accounts at the store owner, manager and shop employee level.
- Execute and fine-tune Wahoo’s dealer training programs with store staff.
- Directly manage a small team (1 to 2 employees) of junior technology reps tasked with dealer training, in-store events, and Wahoo/dealer-sponsored group rides
- Manage select dealer accounts throughout the UK inclusive of new account activation, dealer training, channel marketing activities, merchandising strategy and execution, and ongoing relationship maintenance
- Position is based in London
- Travel within the UK will be required 50% of the time
- University degree in a business related field of study or relevant experience
- 5+ years experience in sales and key account management.
- Entrepreneurial mindset; Can do attitude with desire to roll up the sleeves when necessary to get the job done
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, cycling business. Ideal candidate is an avid cyclist and will have desire and ability to regularly participate in group rides with key accounts.
- Strong interest in, and knowledge of, consumer electronics. Ideal candidate is comfortable conversing on key topics such as smartphone technology, Apps, Bluetooth, ANT+ and WiFi wireless standards.
Customer Service Coordinator
The Customer Service Coordinator will work as part of the fabulous Customer Service Team to deliver world-class customer service to Wahoo Fitness customers. Representing Wahoo to the consumers for all product and App related questions and concerns.
- Interface with customers, either via email, chat or phone to quickly, efficiently and completely RESOLVE customer service issues
- Use our customer service management system, Zendesk, to log and manage customer service interactions
- Resolves issues by determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Manage (own) all incoming and outgoing customer returns, warranties and replacements
- Test all returns and determine appropriate action
- Maintain database of product issues for ongoing analysis by engineering
- Coordinate shipments of defective products to manufacturers for testing and/or credit
- Manage (own) in-house spare / refurbished parts inventory
- Communicate the status of customer returns (received, tested, replaced, cancelled)
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude; plays well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus practiced listening skills
- Available to work a flexible schedule (weekends/nights a few times a month)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Ability to handle all customers patiently and with kindness.
- Technologically savvy; experience using Zendesk (or comparable customer service management system), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include early evenings and weekends.
- Foreign language a plus
- Enjoys cycling is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport/fitness and technology