Wahoo Fitness helps athletes get better by making easy-to-use connected devices. Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals. We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had five years of incredible growth. Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website. We have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike. We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it. We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun. You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people. We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently. An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdie, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people. And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships. The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business. We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others. We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo Fitness, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do. If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you. Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
Senior Industrial Designer
Wahoo is seeking a senior industrial designer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in hard goods or durable product design. We’d like you to join our team of product managers, engineers & UX/UI professionals to create what’s next in the fitness technology world. Our preferred candidate will have a varied background with multiple product successes that have gone into production. They should have a thorough understanding of the product development process and an interest in working on cycling, running & triathlon equipment & wearables.
- Design research and detailed knowledge of industry trends
- Innovative thinking and ideation along with the ability to communicate these ideas through sketching, 2D rendering, 3D modeling and in writing
- Design, develop & manage CMF (Color, Materials, Finish) for new products from concept through production, evaluate samples and understand the manufacturing implications/constraints.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, design reviews and weekly project team meetings
- Work collaboratively with mechanical & electrical engineering teams to ensure product manufacturability and integrity
- Work independently with external design & engineering resources to ensure design intent & project success
- Regular communications with overseas factories
- Possible overseas travel to work with our suppliers and factories
- Work with the engineering team to complete product specs and BOM’s
- Prototyping and bread-boarding ideas as they pertain to the development process
- Coordinate with project management in order to hit deadlines and ensure information is communicated in a timely fashion both internally and externally
- College degree or equivalent required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a coordinated team environment
- Sensitivity to form, proportion and detail
- Experience with ergonomics, human factors & user interface
- Ability to recommend and document colors, finishes, materials and textures
- Strong conceptual sketching skills
- Physical modeling & mock-up skills
- 3D surfacing, modeling & rendering skills
- Computer knowledge of Powerpoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and remain organized
Software Engineer in Test
The Software Engineer in Test will help shape the future of test and automation on Wahoo's product. His role would be to build automated testing into our CI platform and foster development of high performing APIs to help us ensure excellent product quality.
Wahoo Fitness develops amazing fitness products that include both the hardware and software. Our products range from fitness monitors (e.g. our TICKR heart rate and motion analytic senor) to world-class training devices like the KICKR bike trainer. We use Bluetooth Low Energy, iOS, Android and the latest in server-side technology to create innovative hardware and software. We work with Apple, Strava, TrainingPeaks and others to help shape the industry.
The Software Engineer in Test is based at Wahoo Fitness’ headquarters in Atlanta. Competitive compensation package (including healthcare) based on experience.
- Work in a small, dynamic team to develop and test our software, including the Wahoo Fitness app, Wahoo API and ELEMNT Companion app.
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Develop automated test cases to reduce manual test execution time
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Ensure that all testing is completed in-line with the Agile development cycles
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in Python, Java, Ruby or equivalent language
- 2+ years of total experience in API Testing & Test Automation
- Passionate about quality and software testing
- Experience using automation tools like Junit, pytest, mocha, appium and webdriver
- Complete comfort working with Atlassian toolset
- Experience with CI/CD setups and maintenance
- Bluetooth Smart (Low Energy), ANT+ experience a plus
Product Manager Cycling
- Manage the complete lifecycle for cycling products from conception to market; working with cross functional teams to deliver consumer products on time and on budget.
- Create and execute go-to- market plans, including branding, marketing, distribution, retail, PR plan, and communications strategy.
- Deliver product positioning, messaging and external communications that defines value propositions, differentiates products and influences key product decisions while maintaining brand consistency
- Understand the market by continually assessing the needs of the customer, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop collateral for sales presentations, packaging, product sheets, instruction guides, point of sales materials/displays, and event materials
- Develop all digital materials (web, advertising, video) with designer/agency
- Develop/curate web content for product (blogs, expert articles, etc.)
- Track product performance, revenue, and key marketing/media metrics
- Analyze market and competition, including pricing, short and long term threats, opportunities, trends and new entrants
- Conduct market research (for concepts and messaging) using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Determine appropriate b2b and b2c distributional channels to maximize gross margins, and drive sales
- College degree (BA/BS in marketing or related field preferred)
- 2-4 years of Product Marketing experience
- Experience developing and leading integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- Successful track record of marketing and growing a business across a variety of channels including ecommerce and specialty retail
- Ability to analyze business conditions and create actionable recommendations to enhance product sales performance
- Experience creating and implementing impactful new product launches
- Experience working with advertising/marketing agencies
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience developing offline marketing and sales collateral, point of sale materials
- Experience in developing digital/web/mobile marketing assets
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Interpersonal savvy, collaborator, effective in communication internally and externally.
- Tactical agility and attention to details, pragmatic
- Self Motivated, Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
- Knowledgeable of the Cycling categories
Financial Analyst/Reporting Specialist
A wonderful opportunity to join the Wahoo Team as we continue to grow. This position will work in our Finance department based in our Atlanta offices.
Run Excel Modeling of Ad-Hoc Analysis Needed (Examples below)
- Supply/Demand modeling of a price change
- Inventory Freight Analysis of different transportation scenarios
- ROI on Promotions
Manage Monthly and Quarterly Reporting Requirements to 3rd Parties
- Borrowing Base Forms for the Bank (Monthly)
- VAT Taxes Management with NL Accountants (Monthly)
- State Sales Tax (Monthly)
- Monthly Commission Calculations
- GST Australia Taxes (Quarterly)
- Affiliate Fees (Quarterly)
Manage Price Lists
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of price lists on Dropbox, Netsuite and Google Master Sheet.
- Monitor Monthly and Quarterly FX Rates/Adjustments in relation to Vendor Agreements
- Assist in the creation of business cases and budgets
- Monthly Cash Reconciliations of 1/2 of Bank Accounts
- Signified Fraud Management
UK Sales Manager
This position will be Wahoo’s Sales Manager for the UK, with a primary focus on actively supporting our premium network of Wahoo dealers.
The Wahoo portfolio is exciting, innovative, strong and set to grow in 2018. As a fast-growing premium brand our account ethos is “Quality over Quantity” and we strive to ensure that our dealers get the best support and brand experience the industry can offer.
A natural communicator with a passion for people, the ideal candidate will be able to apply strong account/relationship management skills, build brand awareness, grow revenues towards achieving company goals and work collaboratively within a small yet dynamic team based in our London office, with occasional travel required to our headquarters based in Atlanta, USA.
The UK Sales Manager will report directly to Wahoo’s EU Sales Director located in London.
- Plan, manage and execute Wahoo’s UK sales initiatives closely aligned with our company goals to reach and surpass our targets for revenue & profitability.
- Largely focused on existing account management but with a controlled and selective approach to new account expansion, this is a multi-faceted hands-on sales role requiring both regular in-person sales meetings, internal strategic planning sessions with store managers/buyers and the organization and execution of Wahoo supported initiatives and activities at store-level.
- Build strong relationships with all IBD’s at the store owner, manager and shop employee level.
- Execute and fine-tune Wahoo’s dealer training programs with store staff.
- Support the finance team in Atlanta ensuring accounts are current and effecting payment for overdue invoices when necessary.
- Work within the Wahoo UK team to support channel marketing activities, merchandising strategy and execution, and ongoing relationship maintenance.
Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator will work as part of the fabulous Customer Service Team to deliver world-class technical support to Wahoo Fitness customers. These wonderful employees represent Wahoo to consumers for all product and App related questions and concerns.
- Interface with customers, either via email, chat or phone to quickly, efficiently and completely RESOLVE customer service issues
- Use our customer service management system, [Zendesk], to log and manage customer service interactions
- Coordinate shipments of defective products to manufacturers for testing and/or credit
- Manage in-house spare / refurbished parts inventory
- Communicate with customer to keep them updated thought-out the resolution process the status of product (received, tested, replaced, cancelled)
- Qualified candidates for this role will possess a minimum of 1-3 years demonstrated experience performing a customer service role.
- Prior experience working in a customer service role for a technology company dealing with connective devices preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, understand, and follow established procedures based on technology.
- Technologically savvy; experience using Zendesk (or comparable customer service management system), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude; plays well with others
- Ability to handle all customers patiently and with kindness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus practiced listening skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Foreign language a plus
- Enjoys cycling (or running) is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport/fitness and technology
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include early evenings and weekends.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and additionally works well in a team environment